Joe,

No offense taken. But as an expert on this subject, you should suggest some
resources that list subscribers should read so they may be able to sift
through the media sensationalism.

We're all experts at certain things and amateurs at others. Unfortunately,
we all don't have time to do extensive research on every topic that affects
our world. That's why we have intellectual communities of experts to
enlighten us.

My understanding from having read a number of studies on voting machines is
that they're closed source, outdated, and riddled with vulnerabilities. If
that is true, then wouldn't a world that decided to use only voting
machines increase the likelihood of malicious hacking influencing voter
outcomes? I don't see how such a scenario doesn't jeopardize fair elections.

I'm not saying that voting machines are better or worse than pen and paper
or punch ballots. God knows that there was a time in this country when
there were no secret ballots and political henchmen would beat you up for
not voting "appropriately." Such scenarios also jeopardized fair elections
and were outlawed thanks to the progressive movement.

Thanks,
Yosem