March 10, 2007
Reid: Democrats Redeploy from Fox News Debate
by Scott Ott

(2007-03-10) — Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-NV, said today that the 
Nevada State Democrat Party’s decision to pull out of a scheduled presidential 
debate co-hosted by Fox News is “actually a strategic redeployment, not a 
cut-and-run retreat.”
“There’s no reason to put our brave Democrat presidential candidates in harm’s 
way,” Sen. Reid said. “We were lured into this debate due to faulty 
intelligence, and the prudent thing to do is redeploy.”
The majority leader who initially backed the Fox News debate, said he began to 
question the intelligence that drew him to support the contest when he read the 
following joke made by Fox News Channel Chairman Roger Ailes at an industry 
awards ceremony:
“And it is true that Barack Obama is on the move. I don’t know if it’s true 
that President Bush called Musharraf and said, ‘Why can’t we catch this guy?’ 
Sen. Reid said, “I cannot condone mocking the intelligence of a sitting 
president in time of war.”
The Democrat presidential hopefuls will redeploy to a casino on the Las Vegas 
strip for a non-partisan debate co-hosted by MoveOn.org and The New York Times.
WIN $1,000,000.00 - FREE registration takes less than 60 seconds -- good luck!  
  http://super.nu

Last year's average TurboTax Federal refund was $2,265 -- Get your
FREE Turbotax Software now - Limited Time Offer http://www.beam.to/turbotax



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to