I remember the first time I heard of Lew Rockwell. It was in the 
early 90's on a small local talk radio station in the small city I 
live in in Southern California. He appeared several times as a guest 
and I agreed with many things he said about runaway govenment power, 
but his language was very sharp and sarcastic. I thought he was 
articulate, but he came across as mean spirited, which I suppose can 
be effective in certain situations. I was nonetheless happy to hear 
someone with his viewpoints on the air, and I called the station and 
commended them for having him on.

Soon after I heard Rockwell on an LA radio talk show, I think it was 
Tom Leykis, talking about "animal rights" I believe. He was much like 
his appearances on the local station, very harsh and confrontational. 
Sometimes this is necessary to get your point across.

The next time I encountered the name Lew Rockwell was an op-ed in the 
LA Times. It was some very terse comments on the Rodney King incident 
and the LA riots. From one comment he made I was simply flabbergasted.
There was a letter to the editor some after the article came out from 
a Libertarian activist from LA denouncing the comments by Rockwell.

The point of all this is, Lew Rockwell has a history of this type of 
rhetoric. It's his unmistakable style. Ron Paul does not. Lew 
Rockwell has worked for Ron Paul over the years and it would make 
perfect sense that Rockwell was the person who wrote the objectional 
material in the Ron Paul Newsletter. If this in fact is the case, I 
would whole-heartedly agree that Rockwell should come forward and 
admit or deny that he wrote these statements.

--- In [email protected], Todd Andrew Barnett 
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> 
> 
> Brad Spangler sent this out yesterday on the DispatchFreedom list 
on 
> Google Groups. He did this at 11:27 P.M. last night. Basically, 
it's an 
> open letter to Lew Rockwell regarding the Ron Paul newsletter 
ruckus 
> that has been the talk of the libertarian town as of late.
> 
> If what the letter says is true, then I believe Lew has a great 
deal of 
> explaining to do.
> 
> (Source URL: 
> http://godshammer.wordpress.com/2008/01/12/open-letter-to-lew-
rockwell/)
> 
> 
> 
> Yours in Liberty,
> 
> Todd Andrew Barnett
> Host, Liberty Cap Talk Live with Todd Andrew Barnett and Chris 
Bennett
> http://www.nowlive.com/libertycaptalklive
> 
> Host, Liberty Cap Talk Live with Todd Andrew Barnett: The Special 
> Edition Show
> http://www.nowlive.com/lctlspecialedition
> 
> 
> 
> « Ron Paul a Racist? - Pt 2Open Letter To Lew Rockwell - From John 
Robbins
> Dear Lew,
> 
> You have now had three opportunities –1996, 2001, and 2008 — to 
prove 
> that you are a friend of Ron Paul and freedom, and you have failed 
to do 
> so each time.
> 
> This week, for the third time, the puerile, racist, and completely 
> un-Pauline comments that all informed people say you have caused to 
> appear in Ron's newsletters over the course of several years have 
become 
> an issue in his campaign. This time the stakes are even higher than 
> before. He is seeking nationwide office, the Republican nomination 
for 
> President, and his campaign is attracting millions of supporters, 
not 
> tens of thousands.
> 
> Three times you have failed to come forward and admit 
responsibility for 
> and complicity in the scandals. You have allowed Ron to twist 
slowly in 
> the wind. Because of your silence, Ron has been forced to issue 
repeated 
> statements of denial, to answer repeated questions in multiple 
> interviews, and to be embarrassed on national television. Your 
callous 
> disregard for both Ron and his millions of supporters is 
unconscionable.
> 
> If you were Dr. Paul's friend, or a friend of freedom, as you 
pretend to 
> be, by now you would have stepped forward, assumed responsibility 
for 
> those asinine and harmful comments, resigned from any connection to 
Ron 
> or his campaign, and relieved Ron of the burden of having to 
repeatedly 
> deny the charges of racism. But you have not done so, and so the 
scandal 
> continues to detract from Ron's message.
> 
> You know as well as I do that Ron does not have a racist bone in 
his 
> body, yet those racist remarks went out under his name, not yours. 
> Pretty clever. But now it's time to man up, Lew. Admit your role, 
and 
> exonerate Ron. You should have done it years ago.
> 
> John Robbins, Ph.D.
> Chief of Staff
> Dr. Ron Paul, 1981-1985
>


Reply via email to