Odysseus is free and readable at www.bigheadpress.com.  It's the best thing an
atheist like myself has found since Heinlein died.

Odysseus is an atheist.  He isn't a mere unbeliever (the gods have gotten in
his face too many times), he's an actual opponent.  Against the gods.

As am I.  (And I was raised Southron Baptist).
--
Ward Griffiths        wdg...@comcast.net

<home.comcast.net/~wdg3rd>
(page has stale links and resume is not up to date as I'm employed at a dead
end job with a health plan and if I quit for a short-lived high-pay consulting
gig, La Esposa will make me homeless before the first check arrives)

The Bible says (in Palms 90:10) that "The days of our years are threescore
years and ten", yet Xtians frequently defy G-d's will and continue to preach
rather than commit suicide on their 70th birthday.  Yeah, the Psalm says you're
allowed to live to eighty, but you're going to suffer if you do that, so you
might as well just kill yourself.  Suicide is not a sin in the Old Testament,
and I can't find the spot in the New Testament that changes the status.  (This
blasphemy is an original from me [wdg3rd], the sort of thing I strive for).