On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 04:10:27PM -0400, Todd Fisher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   I just wanted to announce a new library I created using libev and
> libcurl.  It provides 2 interfaces; A C++ interface and a C/Ruby interface

Hi, I had a very quick look at it, and only have a single comment:

the configure script works like this:

  - run the libev.m4 stuff
  - run the libev configure script
  - make in libev

Now, if you run libev's configure script you don't need to include the m4
macros, as the public headerfiles of libev have been carefully (painfully?
I would really need a 64 bit type...) designed not to rely on configure
information.

Also, make'ing in a configure script is not that nice.

So, either you should run configure/make but not include the m4 macros, OR
you should neither confgiure not make in the libev subdirectory, but instead
include the m4 macro and then add a rule for ev.o in your own makefile.

(as it is, it will work, however)

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      [EMAIL PROTECTED]