On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 01:22:22AM +0000, Calum McPherson <c...@adtec.com.au>
wrote:
> As noted this was 1st usage after a restart among otherwise stable, heavy
> production use.    I have scanned the mailing list from release 4.25 through
> 4.27 and didn't see this issue raised therein.

Likely because the issue is not in libev but in the rest of the program
somehow causing memory corruption - for example, freeing memory that
is still in use after forgetting to stop an active watcher, or make
thread-unsafe calls, or...

libev has "verification" mode that *might* be able to diagnose the problem
a bit earlier by having a lot more and more frequent checks - look for
EV_VERIFY in the documentation - you need to recompile/relink libev/your
program for this. I'd try that first if the effort isn't prohibitive.

valgrind would also be a very good thing to use, with luck, it can
immediatelly pinpoint the bug.

Otherwise, when running out of magic tools, you need to debug your program
and find the issue, just like in the old days.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schm...@schmorp.de