On Sat, Nov 03, 2007 at 05:40:50PM -0700, Niels Provos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I think the documentation is very clear on this:

I read that part, but the documentation doesn't mention anything about wether
one can pass in uninitalised memory (as I explained in my mail).

Did you read it?

> The function event_set() prepares the event structure ev to be used in
> future calls to event_add() and event_del().  The event will be
> prepared to call the function specified by the fn argument with an int
> argument indicating the file descriptor, a short argument indicating
> the type of event, and a void * argument given in the arg argument.
> The fd indicates the file descriptor that should be monitored for
> events.  The events can be either EV_READ, EV_WRITE, or both,
> indicating that an application can read or write from the file
> descriptor respectively without blocking.

Ok, where does it say one can event_add, event_set, and then event_add again?

This is what http.c actually does.

And where does it say that one can call event_del on a struct event without
calling event_set before?

This is what other code actually does.

> Perhaps you might like to create a libev mailing list and discuss
> further development of libev there?

It would be off-topic there, as the libev API doesn't suffer from these
problems, and its testsuite isn't as buggy.

> I find your somewhat discourteous insinuation of bugs distracting.

1. I reported a number of bugs in libevent so far. I am not insinuating,
   but reporting bugs, to improve libevent.
2. I rewrote the libevent core part to be faster, much more scalable,
   with less artificial limitations and worked hard to contribute
   this back to libevent.

I don't think reporting bugs (or talking about possible bugs) is
discourteous, nor do I think I was in any way discourteous.

If you don't want to hear about bugs or improvements for libevent, you can
say so, but I think you are treating me rather unfairly, given the amount of
work I did. Even if libev never gets integrated into libevent, fixing the
bugs I found while trying to get it to run should be of interest to you.

Or is it the fact that something came up that is faster and more
featureful (and smaller, too) than libevent that distracts you? Fear not,
as I still intend to contribute, but I realyl don'T want to be insulted
for improving your library.

:(

> Thank you,
>  Niels.

omg, a top-poster and full-quoter, too.

      ----==-- _       generation
      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      [EMAIL PROTECTED]