Hi,

On Mon 12.11.2007 02:54, Marc Lehmann wrote:

Over the last few days, I took all of your feedback that arrived in
time or was actable upon and updated libev.

Its available at http://dist.schmorp.de/libev/libev-1.3e.tar.gz

Nice lib, I prefer to have a own list for this lib, jm2c.

When you call test.sh in the test dir you will find that your lib shows
me:

----
KQUEUE
 test-eof: OKAY
.
.
.
DEVPOLL
 test-eof: OKAY
.
.
.
----

on:

----
Linux 2.6.22 #1 SMP Mon Nov 12 08:58:18 CET 2007 i686 Intel(R) Core(TM)2
CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
----

Which looks very cool but wrong. this is the output of libevent:

---
Running tests:
KQUEUE
Skipping test
DEVPOLL
Skipping test
POLL
 test-eof: OKAY
.
.
.
---

The reason for this could be:

---event.c
.
.
.
#ifdef HAVE_EVENT_PORTS
extern const struct eventop evportops;
#endif
#ifdef HAVE_SELECT
extern const struct eventop selectops;
#endif
#ifdef HAVE_POLL
extern const struct eventop pollops;
#endif
#ifdef HAVE_EPOLL
extern const struct eventop epollops;
#endif
#ifdef HAVE_WORKING_KQUEUE
extern const struct eventop kqops;
#endif
#ifdef HAVE_DEVPOLL
extern const struct eventop devpollops;
#endif
#ifdef WIN32
extern const struct eventop win32ops;
#endif

.
.
.

/* In order of preference */
const struct eventop *eventops[] = {
#ifdef HAVE_EVENT_PORTS
        &evportops,
#endif
#ifdef HAVE_WORKING_KQUEUE
        &kqops,
#endif
#ifdef HAVE_EPOLL
        &epollops,
#endif
#ifdef HAVE_DEVPOLL
        &devpollops,
#endif
#ifdef HAVE_POLL
        &pollops,
#endif
#ifdef HAVE_SELECT
        &selectops,
#endif
#ifdef WIN32
        &win32ops,
#endif
        NULL
};
.
.
.
.

....event_init(....){
.
.
.
        base->evbase = NULL;
        for (i = 0; eventops[i] && !base->evbase; i++) {
                base->evsel = eventops[i];

                base->evbase = base->evsel->init(base);
        }

}
---

It would be nice to have such a similar behaviour in libev ;-)
It would also be nice to have similar samples for libev as they exists
for libevent compatibility mode, eg.  in samples or test dir.

Cheers

Aleks