On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 10:54:57AM +0100, Frank Schaeckermann wrote:
> I have installed transmission-daemon (a Bittorrent client) svn revision
> 5051 on my Maxtor Shared Storage II (ARM little endian) with Linux
> 2.6.12. Very soon after starting the daemon it segfaults.

Hi, Frank!  Here are some things to try:

Does this also happen when you set the EVENT_NOEPOLL environment
variable to disable the epoll method?

Can you post a backtrace from gdb for this?

Does this also happen with libevent 1.3e, or with the libevent 1.4
branch?

Unfortunately, I don't have much way to tell whether this is a
libevent bug or a transmission-daemon bug right now, but it would be
great to help get it fixed either way.

yrs,
--
Nick