On 8. juli. 2009, at 20.17, Rocco Carbone wrote:

> it the HTTP client-side part of the libevent so much performant
> as the server-side?  are the HTTP-client functions usable
> for applications with strictly performances requirements?

Without having looked at your code I would guess the following. By
using the http part of libevent you do a lot of allocation and data
copying into buffers as well as function callbacks. While ab does no
such thing and write and read directly on the sockets. Also note that
there are minimal differences from select and other event mechanisms
for the small socket sets so there is not much to gain from using
epoll or kqueue in this case.