Good morning, evening, night, or afternoon!

The first alpha release in the long-promised Libevent 2.0 series
is finally out.  You can download Libevent 2.0.1-alpha from
   http://monkey.org/~provos/libevent-2.0.2-alpha.tar.gz

This is an alpha release.  Libevent 2.0 is not finished.  There will
be bugs, and we make no promises about the stability of any APIs
introduced in the 2.0.x-alpha releases.  When you find bugs, please
let us know.

Libevent 2.0 is intended to be backward compatible with the Libevent
1.4 APIs[*].  Any program that worked with Libevent 1.4 should still
work with Libevent 2.0, unless we screwed up.  Please test your
programs when you have a chance, so that if we _did_ screw up, we can
notice soon.

[*] Unless you were messing around with the internals of internal
structures.

This release adds many new features to the previous alpha release, and
fixes many bugs.  See the ChangeLog for full details.  Highlights
include:
  - evdns is now threadsafe, with locking support
  - There's an evconnlistener type that you can use to abstract
    cross-platform differences in accepting connections.
  - The evbuffer interface (and therefore bufferevents) now supports
    zero-copy much better.
  - About a zillion fixes for tricky bugs in the new Libevent
    2.0.1-alpha code.

Special thanks to everybody who helped find bugs and improve the code,
especially James Mansion, Zack Weinberg, and Joachim Bauch.

yrs,
--
Nick Mathewson