On 27/02/16 01:05, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 12:53:51AM +0200, noxdafox wrote:
On 26/02/16 10:12, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 12:16:22AM +0200, noxdafox wrote:
According to autogen.sh output Perl bindings and virt tools seem to
be missing, could it be related to this? Are the tests relying to
such dependencies?
Yes, the tests rely on Perl bindings working, so I guess you need to
install whatever missing dependencies are needed to make Perl work.

Rich.

I eventually installed the list of build dependencies from the
source package. Which theoretically means I have all the required
dependencies for building the library.

Now it complains about missing builtin mdadm feature.

SRCDIR=. LAYOUT=partitions-md ../../run --test ./make-fedora-img.pl
md_create: feature 'mdadm' is not available in this
build of libguestfs.  Read 'AVAILABILITY' in the guestfs(3) man page for
how to check for the availability of features. at
/home/noxdafox/development/libguestfs/test-data/phony-guests/make-fedora-img.pl
line 103.
This is a bug of sorts.  It should skip building these images if mdadm
is not available.  The reason we don't skip it is that mdadm is very
commonly available on every Linux distro, so there's not much point.

Do you really have all the dependencies installed?  You seem to have
the ones from appliance/packagelist{.in} missing:

   http://libguestfs.org/guestfs-building.1.html#full-list-of-requirements

Try:

   sudo apt-get install `cat appliance/packagelist`
This is the list of unavailable package in Stretch.

E: Package 'gfs-tools' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'gfs2-tools' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'gfs2-utils' has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package libsystemd-id128-0
E: Unable to locate package libsystemd-journal0
E: Package 'linux-image' has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package ufsutils
E: Package 'module-init-tools' has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package procps-ng
E: Unable to locate package util-linux-ng

All the other packages were already installed. Most of these packages seem to be available to other Debian branches but not on Stretch.

(you can ignore any unavailable packages).

Rich.