On Wed, Dec 07, 2016 at 10:56:05AM +0100, Pino Toscano wrote:
> On Wednesday, 7 December 2016 08:34:35 CET Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > >
> > > This LGTM -- the only concern is that "output:rhev" will disappear from
> > > the machine-readable output (and thus potentially breaking users).
> > > I have PoC for handling better aliases for input & output modules,
> > > I will polish and submit it.
> >
> > Hopefully they are parsing the --machine-readable output and so this
> > won't be a problem :-)
>
> Well exactly: newer virt-v2v with "older" ovirt/rhv will not see
> output:rhev anymore and thus not enable the VM import from VMware/etc.

I think you mean newer virt-p2v and older virt-v2v?  It should
populate the combo box with the output of --machine-readable, so it
should show the (old) 'rhev' option in this case.

For older virt-p2v, newer virt-v2v, '-o rhev' still works.

However I noticed there are places in virt-p2v where messages
refer to "rhev", so I'll fix those in a follow-up patch.

Rich.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW