On Friday, 16 June 2017 17:03:34 CEST Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 03:42:35PM +0200, Pino Toscano wrote:
> > NACK to utils.h -- in the past I've seen a couple of libraries
> > installing public includes as utils.h. They have been fixed, but
> > I'd like to avoid conflicts between an installed header and a project
> > header.
>
> Can we prevent incorrect installation (which I agree could be a huge
> problem) in some other way?  Maybe it can be done with an
> install-*-hook.  I will see ...

Oh sorry, most probably I did not explain very well. The situation that
I'd like to avoid is: a library installs /usr/include/utils.h (evil!),
or /usr/include/$foo/utils.h, and we make use of it (directly or
indirectly) by including /usr/include/$foo.

Possibly it is a so-corner-case that could be ignored for now, though.

--
Pino Toscano