On Tuesday, 5 June 2018 11:52:22 CEST Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Use -ip instead of --password-file, and various refactorings.

The series LGTM.

> It strikes me that we should probably deprecate and eventually remove
> virt-v2v-copy-to-local.  With the introduction of the new SSH and VDDK
> transports, and with RHEL 5 Xen becoming more irrelevant, it's no
> longer needed.

IMHO it is still useful, in case e.g.:
- the connection to the source is slow, so you want to fetch the guest
  locally at once
- you want to test various conversions of the same guest, so as above
  you fetch it once
- you want to test conversions offline (assuming the output is a local
  disk, or libvirt)

--
Pino Toscano