On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 08:55:13PM +0300, Nir Soffer wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 1:37 PM Richard W.M. Jones <rjo...@redhat.com>
> wrote:

> > There were a few Python syntax errors such as this one.  They
> > can be found by running:
> >
> >   make -C v2v check TESTS=test-v2v-python-syntax.sh
> >

> Cool. Why not include this in "make check"?

It is!  That command is just if you want to run the single test.

> > Not really.  In fact we don't have any unit tests for -o rhv-upload
> > functionality because there's no way to simulate the imageio server.
> >

> Actually it is easy to use real imageio server for testing.
>
> 1. install ovirt-imageio-daemon

Yup, problem is this part.

However I'll look to see if we can make the tests run optionally _if_
someone has installed ovirt-imageio-daemon or has a local copy of the
sources, so the rest of the instructions are useful.  I think this
method looks most promising, but as you say I'd have to see about
mocking the other engine methods:

> Another option is to start the server from your tests like this. This
> is how we run our tests.
>
> from ovirt_imageio_daemon import server
> from ovirt_imageio_daemon import config
>
> config.daemon.pki_dir = test/pki
> config.daemon.poll_interval = 0.1
> config.images.port = 9876
> config.tickets.socket = "/tmp/ovirt-imageio-daemon.sock"
>
> server.start(config)
>
> # run your test here...
>
> server.stop()

[...]
> However you can run virt-v2v locally against an oVirt instance without
> > needing VMware.  The command is rather lengthy, but here it is:
> >
> > $ virt-builder fedora-27
> > $ ./run virt-v2v -i disk /var/tmp/fedora-27.img \
> >     -o rhv-upload \
> >     -oc https://ovirt-engine.example.com/ovirt-engine/api \
> >     -os ovirt-data \
> >     -op /tmp/password \
> >     -of raw \
> >     -oo rhv-cafile=/tmp/ca.pem \
> >     -oo rhv-direct
> >
> > /tmp/password should contain the oVirt admin password.
> > /tmp/ca.pem should contain the oVirt CA cert.
> >
> > This will create a guest called ‘fedora-27’ which you'll need to
> > delete (on oVirt) afterwards.  You can add ‘-on name’ to name it
> > something else.
> >

> Should we document this?

It's just the normal way to run virt-v2v, eg as documented here:

  http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v.1.html#convert-from-vmware-to-rhv-ovirt

... except that I've changed the input side to use a local disk.

We did consider having an ‘-i builder’ input method (just for testing).

Rich.