On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 02:27:44PM +0300, Nir Soffer wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 10:18 AM Pino Toscano <ptosc...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, 9 October 2018 20:16:04 CEST Nir Soffer wrote:
> > > I'm trying to build fedora-27 image for testing uploads:
> > >
> > > $ virt-builder fedora-27 -o /var/tmp/fedora-27.img
> > > [  25.2] Opening the new disk
> > > virt-builder: error: libguestfs error: bridge ‘virbr0’ not found.  Try
> > > running:
> > >
> > >   brctl show
> > >
> > > to get a list of bridges on the host, and then selecting the
> > > bridge you wish the appliance network to connect to using:
> > >
> > >   export _SETTINGS=network_bridge=<bridge name>
> >
> > The libvirt backend uses a network bridge on the host to setup the
> > networking in the guest, which is enabled by default in virt-builder.
> >

> OK, now it is clear why bypassing libvirt avoids this issue.
>
> So maybe I'm missing some libvirt package required for creating the
> bridge?
>
> libvirt is installed by vdsm, which requires:
> libvirt-client
> libvirt-daemon-config-nwfilter
> libvirt-daemon-kvm
> libvirt-lock-sanlock
> libvirt-python

virbr0 is provided by the libvirt default virtual network, which
sets up NAT based forwarding

VDSM doesn't want this network connectivity so it doesn't install
the libvirt default network, hence you don't have any virbr0.

You can get it by installing the libvirt-daemon-config-network RPM

Regards,
Daniel