On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 02:05:02PM -0500, Eric Blake wrote:
> On 6/22/20 10:49 AM, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> >VDDK creates background threads.  fork kills these, resulting in the
>
> s/kills/strands/
>
> >library hanging or failing completely in certain configurations.
> >---
> >  plugins/vddk/vddk.c | 28 ++++++++++++++++++++++------
> >  1 file changed, 22 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
> >

> ACK.
>
> Should we also modify our tests/libvixDiskLib.so dummy library to
> also spawn a thread, where .pread then checks for something provided
> by that helper thread, for testsuite coverage of this?  That's a
> rather complicated change to make, so I'm not insisting, but if
> you're up to it, the more our dummy library behaves like the real
> thing, the harder it is to introduce further regressions.

Yup that's a good idea.

Another problem with testing is that (real) VDDK either doesn't create
a thread or doesn't use a thread when it is accessing a local file, so
we never hit this case in our real VDDK test case.  However testing
against a VMware server is not appropriate either.

Rich.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW