On Tue, Aug 09, 2022 at 02:01:18PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
On Tue, Aug 09, 2022 at 10:07:37AM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
On Tue, Aug 09, 2022 at 09:23:57AM +0200, Martin Kletzander wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 08, 2022 at 09:51:32PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> >nbdkit uses about 1.1G of storage for artifacts.  I have personally
> >never looked at anything other than the artifacts of the latest failed
> >job, so I don't believe we need to keep these around for long.  This
> >commit proposes expiring (and thus deleting) artifacts after 1 week.
> >
> >https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/nbdkit/-/usage_quotas
> >
> >If accepted I will make a similar change for libnbd.
> >
> >Martin, Dan - I don't know a lot about this and I know you've looked
> >into this area a lot more.  What do you think of this change?
> >

> It definitely makes sense, similar setting is in libvirt repos, the
> artifacts expire after 1 day.  Long time ago I was under the
> impression that the default is not to keep them around (bearing in
> mind that the latest artifact is always kept until a new pipeline
> runs).  Now I know this applies only for successful jobs and can be
> turned off in settings.  I think you can safely set that to any low
> value and all should be fine.

Thanks Martin, pushed for nbdkit here:

https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/nbdkit/-/commit/4d795c422baffed72e862f6eba24d9fec700f49d

I want to check the nbdkit pipeline still works before I make
changes in the other projects.

It seems like this change only applies when the pipeline is created,
ie. not to existing artifacts :-(

However at some point we will have to remove old pipelines.  That can
only be done using a script, but hopefully that'll remove the attached
artifacts too.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/71513286/clean-up-history-in-gitlab-pipeline

Yes, I did it for personal clones in an ipython session and it looks like the
artifact removal takes some time.  Couple of minutes when I tried it again now.

Rich.

nbdkit - Flexible, fast NBD server with plugins
https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/nbdkit