On Tue, Jan 17, 2023 at 12:36:58PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 10, 2022 at 09:45:11PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > For (b), you could specify the location of the Window disk image and
> > the virtio-win path/ISO to have it attempt to install the drivers in
> > the disk image:
> >
> > $ virt-customize -a windows.img \
> >                  --inject-virtio-win
> > /usr/share/virtio-win/virtio-win-1.2.3.iso
> >
> > This would largely involve taking the current virtio-win code from
> > virt-v2v, turning it into a library, and then adding a new module into
> > libguestfs-common/mlcustomize.  (It would be a good time to refactor
> > this code.)
>
> This part is upstream in guestfs-tools 1.49.8.
>
> (There are numerous commits across libguestfs, guestfs-tools, virt-v2v
> and libguestfs-common to make this happen.)

I should add here that caveats expressed in this thread about whether
this is a good idea or not still stand.

In almost every plausible circumstances you should either use virt-v2v
(if importing from VMware) or work with the provider of virtioless
images to add virtio at source.  I've tried to make that clear in the
manual.  We may remove this feature downstream in RHEL.

Rich.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW