On Tue, Aug 29, 2023 at 09:09:02AM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> Thanks, I pushed this series now.
>
> There are some CI failures, see:
> https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/libnbd/-/pipelines/984910205
>
> Can you suggest some fixes for these, or otherwise we can go through
> them on the call today.

Just going through these ...

> Error: Unbound value String.starts_with

This OCaml function is missing on the older version of OCaml in RHEL 8.
The easiest way to fix this would be to add a replacement function
("string_starts_with") to utils.ml which copies the function from the
OCaml stdlib:

https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml/blob/f772ae0985f88c4352897686210ee7bbaa910da9/stdlib/string.ml#L201

> error[E0425]: cannot find value `EPOLL_CTL_ADD` in crate `libc`

This is a rust error.  Perhaps cargo_test could be extended so that it
tests for the enums / functions / etc that it needs?  This way we
could reject unsuitable old versions of rust and automatically disable
the bindings.

> + /usr/bin/make maintainer-check-extra-dist
> Checking for differences between EXTRA_DIST and git ...
> rust/examples/concurrent-read-write.rs
> rust/tests/test_async_100_handle.rs
> rust/tests/test_async_200_connect_command.rs
[etc]

These files need to be added to EXTRA_DIST.

Rich.