The current stable versions of nbdkit & libnbd were first released on:

nbdkit 1.34.0 => 14 April 2023
libnbd 1.16.0 => 18 April 2023

which is about 5 months ago.  Since we tend to release these projects
approximately every 6 months, I'd like to aim for a release at the end
of September or beginning of October, about 3 weeks from now.

If there are large features, then let's discuss whether to add them
now or else hold off.  (IIUC all 64 bit NBD patches are now upstream?
Are there more?)

I'll prepare draft release notes in the coming weeks.

Rich.

nbdkit - Flexible, fast NBD server with plugins
https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/nbdkit