On Fri, Sep 15, 2023 at 11:37:32AM +0000, Ravi Singh wrote:
>     above scripts from hostfiles.

OK, that should work.  I will test it out later.

One issue we'll probably have is how to package this up for Fedora or
RHEL as those require that the RPMs are available at build time (which
is not possible as they are not open source).

It may be that you will need to build a "libguestfs-vxfs" package
yourself, built against your RPMs.  It's fairly simple to do this but
let's cross that bridge later.

> during libguestfs initial configure stage to eliminate our package
> dependencies. But as you suggested added to packagelist.in.
>
> e.g:
> ./configure --with-extra-packages="VRTSperl VRTSpython VRTSveki VRTSvlic
> VRTSvxfs VRTSvxvm"

I see.  That would work, but including the package names in
appliance/packagelist.in makes everything easier.

> > +  /* Start vxfs services */
> > +  do_vxfs_start();
> > +

Good.

> >> Please find the attached zip file, contains latest patch and commands to
> create VxVM volumes and VxFS for testing this patch.

Alright, I'll try this out soon.

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v