Hi Eric, a couple of POSIX questions for you from nbdkit.

The first question is from an AUR comment on nbdkit:

  https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/nbdkit#comment-937381

I think there's a bash-ism in the logscript parameter in this test:

https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/nbdkit/-/blame/master/tests/test-log-script-info.sh#L51

I believe it is happening in the $(( .. )) expression.  How do we
write that so it'll work in a posix shell?

 - - -

Secondly while looking into this I was trying variations on:

  $ POSIXLY_CORRECT=1 ./nbdkit -fv data '1 2 3' --run 'nbdinfo $uri'

This doesn't actually cause bash to emulate a posix shell, but it does
uncover a different bug:

  nbdkit: error: raw|base64|data parameter must be specified exactly once

This seems to be happening because getopt_long in wrapper.c behaves
somehow differently parsing when POSIXLY_CORRECT is set.  However I
couldn't work out exactly why.

  https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/nbdkit/-/blob/master/wrapper.c?ref_type=heads#L278

I guess the wrapper ought to work if POSIXLY_CORRECT is set (?)

Rich.

nbdkit - Flexible, fast NBD server with plugins
https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/nbdkit