Hi,

  This is a basic question, that I am bit embarrassed that I have to ask…

  I am attempting to inherit from NonlinearImplictSystem and reimplement the
ImplicitSystem::assemble_residual_derivatives in the derived class.

  I have the method declared like this in my derived class:

        virtual void
        assemble_residual_derivatives
        (const libMesh::ParameterVector & parameters) override;

  Which is the same as that declared in ImplicitSystem, except the “override"
keyword, which appears as “libmesh_override” in ImplicitSystem.

  I compile my code and run it, but the code path is still going through
ImplictSystem::assemble_residual_derivatives.

  I have tried to make sure that I am turning on std=c++11 in my compile
options, but to no avail.

  There is obviously something basic that I am missing.

   If something jumps out at the pros on this mailing list, I would greatly
appreciate their insight.

Regards,
Manav