On Tue, 28 Feb 2017, Barna Becsek wrote:

> I actually attached the stack to the previous email but I am not
> sure whether I can actually send attachments to this mailing list.

Depends on attachment size, but I simply overlooked it.  I use a text
email reader 90% of the time and my eyes glaze over attachments unless
I'm expecting one.

I'm actually as baffled as you are here.  Presumably cast_int isn't in
your stack because it's been inlined... but the last non-inlined
non-throw in your stack is that MaxQpsThread::operator(), which
doesn't call cast_int.  And looks like it doesn't call anything
inlined that calls cast_int, etc... unless there's something corrupted
in that element range?  The parallel_reduce is being called on
active_local_elements, which doesn't do any cast_int IIRC, except for
the refinement_flag, which is an 8-bit-to-32-bit cast whereas what
you're seeing is a failing 64-bit-to-32-bit cast.

Can you recompile with -O0?  Full-on dbg mode might be too slow for
your problem but we really need a full stack trace to have any idea
what's going on here.
---
Roy