Hello,

Currently I'm working on calculating surface normals for a 3D mesh. The way
I have set up this is by extracting the surface mesh by using
mesh->get_boundary_info().sync(mesh_surf);
This gives me a 2D mesh that I can use for calculating element normals.
However, I haven't been able to establish the connection between the
element ids of the surface mesh to the ids of the original mesh.

Is there an existing id list from when I first performed
get_boundary_info().

Thank you. Best,
Viviana.

Viviana Palacio Betancur