On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Norbert Sendetzky
<norb...@linuxnetworks.de>wrote:

> Hi Mariano
>
> > Why you think that is a bad idea? Don't you need (sometimes) to
> distinguish
> > between one error and others? for example, don't you need to do or not to
> >  do something depending on the error you received ? Ok, you can have the
> >  error number as an instance variable and then use a switch or if but...I
> >  don't know.
>
> Sure, I do. Usually, the same kind of exception is thrown for an error of
> the
> same class and I see OpenDBX errors as one class of errors. The other way
> round I would have 15 types of exceptions which is too much in my opinion.

Ok. I was thinking the same for SqueakDBX. It's a matter of design :)
But yes, 15 types (classes) is too much. But being able to handling
different exception from my point of view Object Oriented (in my opinion) is
better than asking the number an do a lot of ifs or switch. But, as you
said, 15 is too much...