> > 2) I need to know for all the backends, which ones use normal functions
> and
> > which ones the special functions
>
> Firebird provides odbx_lo_* capabilites and Oracle could but I didn't get
> it
> to work without segfault. All other backends use the regular functions to
> manage large texts or blobs.

So, with Oracle there is no way to use large objects through OpenDBX by the
moment because the only way is using the special functions and you are
having segmentation fault with them ?  Or I can also use normal functions
for large objects in Oracle ?

If there is no way, shouldn't we need to change this:

http://www.linuxnetworks.de/doc/index.php/OpenDBX/DBMS_Datatypes#Large_object_types

Thanks for the clarification.

Mariano