On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 1:17 AM, Benoit St-Jean <bstj...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Are there any plans to support DB/2 in the near future ?

Yes. At least it is written here:
http://www.linuxnetworks.de/doc/index.php/OpenDBX/Future
Nevertheless, I wouldn't expect too much. I am not sure Norbert has time
enough.

The good thing is that OpenDBX has a good design and even being C it is easy
to extend :)
If you see you have all the OpenDBX "core" in the files that are in /lib
and then, for each backend there is a "BACKEND_basic.c"   in /backends.  So
it is a matter of writing a db2.basic.c
where you map the openDBX functions to DB2 client library functions.

Ok...all that is just my thought and been a C newbie. So probably it is much
more complicated than that hehehhe

Cheers

Mariano