Le 08/10/2018 à 16:25, Didier Roche a écrit :
Le 08/10/2018 à 13:21, Fabiano Fidêncio a écrit :
On Mon, 2018-10-08 at 13:12 +0200, Didier Roche wrote:

Yes, we can be more fine-grained, basically:
* 16.04 -> Min and recommended is 2Gb (this was bumped when our
16.04.x
maintenance image started to include snapd)
* 18.04 and onward: 2Gb min, 4Gb recommended.
However, if we bump recommended in that file to 4Gb, GNOME Boxes
will
set that as a default, which we aren't really keen on (the 4Gb
recommended is a large estimate for people using a lot of tabs in
their
browser, which isn't our GNOME Boxes typical usage we are targeting
at).

Does it makes sense?

On one hand it does, on the other hand ... I'd still prefer to have the
recommended amount of RAM properly set in osinfo-db.

AFAIR, in Boxes the user can change the amount of RAM to the minimum
one if their decide to do so.

Also, the recommended disk size has been increased, right? Would be
nice to have it changed as well.

It's a bit tricky because the configuration is shared between Ubuntu desktop & server.

We discussed that at length within the desktop team, and it seems the conscensus is to separate the physical install recommendations vs virtualised one. Will Cooke (manager of the desktop team) has just updated the wiki page: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/SystemRequirements?action=diff&rev2=110&rev1=109. I hope that facilitate that patch which is increasing a non working configuration.
Keep me posted.

Hey,

Anything I can do to push this forward? We are in finale freeze on Thursday for our cosmic (18.10) release and it would be great if I can take an upstream snapshot, getting it into debian and syncing in ubuntu if possible (rather than distro-patching).

Thanks!
Didier