https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=115512

Eyal Rozenberg <[email protected]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[email protected]

--- Comment #40 from Eyal Rozenberg <[email protected]> ---
Client-side window decorations are inappropriate and undesirable - in terms of
usability, aesthetics, consistency and interoperability. Their use is annoying
and confusing misfeature of the MSO UI in recent years; and is part of the set
of failings of the GNOME UI.

I am categorically opposed to this in the Menu+Toolbars and Single-Toolbar UI
modes. Not as the default, not as an option.

I am opposed, though less staunchly, to this for the Tabbed Notebookbar:

* The some-buttons-and-some-icons-and-some-menus-and-some-tabs title bar layout
in most of the screenshots here is undesirable. It will confuse users.
* Different desktop environments have different decorations; some have non-bar
top decorations. What would you suggest for users of 9wm? AfterStep (with some
of the themes)? fvwm? Or the Haiku desktop environment?
* I think this will draw developer resources into an undesirable direction
generally, and I am particularly worried of later spillover into our default
UI.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

Reply via email to