https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=170226

--- Comment #7 from [email protected] ---
Tested in Linux/Debian 13
LibreOffice: 26.2.2.2
Still occurs.

I am still really hoping/interested in this being resolved if someone could
please look into this report.
I still think this could be handled better then the current default.

The information that I will share below is very related to my issue/suggestion
post found here
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=169043

LibreOffice applications provide
Tools - Customize - Keyboard (section)
There is a "radio button" in upper right corner of window that allows user to
choose between "LibreOffice (global hotkeys) and specific application
(currently in) (such as Calc)

I will use "Calc" for as example below

Radio button = "LibreOffice" (global LO based hotkey)
F1 = currently shows up blank   (should show a function name to let user know
being used by a function)
F1 = Help (should show "Help")

However, in specific applications, such as Calc
Radio button = "Calc" (Calc specific based hotkey)
F1 = currently shows up blank
F1 = Help (should also show "Help" to let user know being used in LO global
keyboard shortcut pane, as mentioned in post 169043)
But then based on the suggestion I am mentioning in the post we are currently
in, Function keys should not be hardcoded...
F1 = currently hardcoded
F6 = currently hardcoded
CTRL+F6 = currently hardcoded
SHIFT+F6 = currently hardcoded
F10 = currently hardcoded

In the "Calc" radion button, user should be able to see what function is
currently being used by LO globally, but then also be able to have the choice
to override that LO global function, in specific LO applications (such as
Calc).

So for example, in Calc radio button section if
F1 = Help
user can choose to assign function they want, such as
F1 = Options
and F1 key would be able to override the global hotkey being used in the LO
global keyboard shortcut section.

Again please someone look into these issues I am mentioning.
Keyboard shortcuts section seems to have many things that could make it
confusing to the user.

Does anyone know who do I tag for something like this to be taken a look at?

Thank You

This is also similar to the following post about the INSERT key being used in
Writer
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=173521

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

Reply via email to