https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=173745
Bug ID: 173745
Summary: Customize - Keyboard - Regress the graying out of
Assign and Delete buttons
Product: LibreOffice
Version: 26.8.0.3 release
Hardware: All
OS: Linux (All)
Status: UNCONFIRMED
Severity: normal
Priority: medium
Component: LibreOffice
Assignee: [email protected]
Reporter: [email protected]
Description:
I recently updated to a newer version and noticed the `Customize - Keyboard`
section now grays out `Assign` and `Delete` buttons completely when they are
not available.
I am suggesting to consider regressing back to the previous approach. IMO the
newly add graying out buttons completely can be visually confusing and not
necessary.
For example if you apply focus in the `Shortcut Keys` pane and use your UP/DOWN
ARROWS to navigate through the pane, you get his flashing effect behavior as
the buttons are turning on/off/on/off. Also makes the text harder to read with
grayed out button.
I think with the previous method, user can already see in `Shortcut Keys` pane
that a key does not currently have a "Function" assigned to it. Do not really
have to gray out the `Delete` button.
I can kind of understand the approach of graying out the buttons when a key is
hardcoded to not be able to be assigned.
For example F1 key
but as I have mentioned in the following post
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=173690
I really feel that these hardcoded key limitations should be removed anyways,
because they are limiting/confusing.
Thank you to anyone who reads this
Actual Results:
Expected Results:
Reproducible: Always
User Profile Reset: No
Additional Info:
--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.