https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=173764

            Bug ID: 173764
           Summary: LibreOffice takes very long to change tab types or to
                    move tabs on the ruler
           Product: LibreOffice
           Version: 26.8.0.3 release
          Hardware: x86-64 (AMD64)
                OS: Linux (All)
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
          Severity: normal
          Priority: medium
         Component: Writer
          Assignee: [email protected]
          Reporter: [email protected]

Description:
I often work with tabs and in the last months I have problems with LibreOffice
doing so. I often change tabs from right to centred and the other way round. In
the last months it often takes three seconds or more than a minute that the
(context) menu appears. During that time the whole LibreOffice window freezes
and doesn't respond to any interference. I also move tabs on the ruler
frequently and I experience freezes, too.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Set a tab stop in the centre of the document.
2. Add text to it.
3. Switch it to be a right tab.
4. Move the tab to a different position (at the right of the document).
5. Switch it to be a centred tab.

Actual Results:
In some cases when you try to switch the tab type, the context menu appears
after about a minute. Sometimes the whole windows freezes when you move the tab
position on the ruler.

Expected Results:
Show the context menu, change the tab type, move the tab stop without freezing.


Reproducible: Sometimes


User Profile Reset: Yes

Additional Info:
Version: 25.2.3.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 520(Build:2)
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 6.12; UI render: default; VCL: kf6 (cairo+wayland)
Locale: de-DE (de_DE.UTF-8); UI: de-DE
Debian package version: 4:25.2.3-2+deb13u6
Calc: threaded

I'm shure, that the error already has occured in some older versions, let's say
25.2.2.2, 25.2.1.2 and maybe 25.2.0.3. IT also occurs on the 26.8.0.3. My
operating system is Debian 13 with KDE. I tried to deactivate the hardware
acceleration, but it didn't change anything. With version 7.3.7.2 on Ubuntu
with GNOME and NVIDIA the error seems not to occur.

I made some videos: 
https://youtu.be/JgPWJ0fVM6k
https://youtu.be/L7uJ5zXPK2o
https://youtu.be/eMlyGJFWt7E
https://youtu.be/urDcJL9jPrQ
https://youtu.be/U9oLeoUY7_U
https://youtu.be/Vs2ucxdIpd0

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

Reply via email to