https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=170776

--- Comment #3 from [email protected] ---
@Jouni the use case could be as follows. A user may wish to have Writer with a
black background and white text to avoid eye strain while composing documents.
The user may also need to have a white background when using Impress to check
colors and layouts for a presentation, where a black background would conflict
with the use. Then the user may need to use a white or lighter background for
Calc to properly see the conditional formatting of cells and text that a black
background would prevent.

For most of my uses I have a shade of grey background as a compromise. I was
just hoping the background settings could be adjusted separately. This would be
a similar experience to other software solutions.

Heiko notes the use of templates, which could be an option. From a UI/Ux
perspective I think most users would expect to be able to adjust background
colors in settings. So perhaps a solution is adding a checkbox in setting where
a user can "define separately per application" and in effect what it does is
simply apply a modified template per application. I think the end state and
affect for the user would be the same as I outlined above. This would also
becomes seamless to the user without requiring them to figure out how to set up
a custom template per application for an adjustment in the settings pane.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

Reply via email to