Bug ID: 114443
Summary: FILEOPEN / FILESAVE PPSX - Impress breaks AutoPlay of
Version: 3.3.0 release
The issue has four aspects, but I think they are closely connected, so I post
them as one bug report:
1. Impress does not automatically play its own AutoPlay presentations in PPSX
2. Impress does automatically play PPSX presentations created by other
3. Impress creates PPSXs, that every tested Presentation app can open - except
PowerPoint (Version 2007 at least).
4. If Impress saves a PPSX that was created by another app, that file will lose
the AutoPlay ability the next time Impress opens that saved file.
PowerPoint 2007 does not accept the PPSX presentations by Impress (TEST A & B).
Impress-made PPSX seem to fail AT ALL with PowerPoint. [Is that really true??
I'm not sure, but I tested it with other PPSXs. I created them from PPTXs I
had. The PPSXs all fail to open with PowerPoint 2007.]
The only Non-LO PPSX, PowerPoint did not accept, was TEST D.
BTW: Impress, PowerPoint and others DO auto-play PPS files that Impress saved.
(PPS files are AutoPlay presentations in old PPT 97-2003 format).
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Please open PPSX test case A or B.
2. Impress will not automatically start the slide show on opening (AutoPlay).
3. Open PPSX test case C, D, E or F.
4. Impress will automatically play it in slide show mode.
5. Open context menu (while show mode runs).
6. Click "Edit presentation".
7. Just save presentation and close file.
8. Open that presentation again.
9. AutoPlay Presentation, that was saved by Impress, does not autoplay if
opened by Impress.
Impress should open every PPSX and automatically play the presentation. And
PowerPoint should be able to open the PPSX, that Impress created
User Profile Reset: No
The issue is present in LO 3.30 , so it is inherited from Ooo.
Version: 184.108.40.206.alpha0+ (x64)
Build ID: c7a2538129f16ef1253ae974737d5c9676aaf883
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.1; UI render: default;
TinderBox: Win-x86_64@42, Branch:master, Time: 2017-12-13_01:02:49
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); Calc: group threaded
I do not want to put LO down with all this working test cases by other office
suites. I love LO! But it's easier to triage a bug if you have working test
cases from different sources, right?
I did not found a dupe.
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
Libreoffice-bugs mailing list