Bug ID: 115453
Summary: Confusion on the Impress Views Tab Bar: UI
Version: 22.214.171.124 release
The Views Tab Bar has five tabs. Four of them (Normal, Outline, Notes, and
Slide Sorter) show one or more slides in the open presentation. The other (now
called Master Handout) is different, in that it doesn't show the handouts but
rather the layout that will be applied to the handouts. Even worse, when that
tab is selected, Impress is in "Master" mode, so selecting Normal opens the
Slide Master, and selecting Notes opens the Notes Master. To get back to the
Normal view of my slides requires that I know to choose View - Normal (same
word, different action) or to click Close Master View on the Sidebar. (Slide
Sorter is even stranger: it shows all of my slides, but if I double-click on
one, it takes me to the Slide Master, not to the Normal View.) I find this
Please consider either:
* removing Handout Master from the Views Tab Bar; or
* adding Slide Master and Notes Master to the Views Tab Bar, and changing the
Normal and Notes tabs to return to non-Master views
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open or create a presentation with several slides.
2. If necessary, show the Views Tab Bar (View - Views Tab Bar).
3. Select the Notes tab to see the notes view of the selected slide, then
select the Normal tab to see that slide in normal view.
4. Select the Master Handout tab. A diagram of the handout is shown.
5. Select the Normal tab. The Slide Master (not a slide) is shown.
Normal and Notes tabs give different results, depending on whether Master
Handout was selected first. A user encountering this for the first time might
not know how to disable the Master view.
I would prefer for the Normal tab to always show the normal view of a slide in
my presentation, the Notes tab to always show the notes, etc. In order to see
master slide, notes, etc., I want to select different tabs.
User Profile Reset: No
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36
(KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/63.0.3239.132 Safari/537.36
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
Libreoffice-bugs mailing list