Bug ID: 115677
Summary: formatting corruption in Writer tables when adding or
Version: 220.127.116.11 release
OS: Windows (All)
The cell and font formatting in tables get totally lost when editing the table
by adding/deleting rows or columns this makes working with tables in a text
document almost impossible.
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Open attached ODT file. As you can see there is Table after the title, with
some detailed formatting.
2. Now place cursor in any cell and click on the “add column” or the “add row”
button of the table toolbar.
3. All formatting disappears: borders, fonts, font stile, font size, cell
background color, cell alignment.
4. The same happens with equivalent “delete row” or column buttons, as well as
the equivalent context menu commands. Also, formatting corruption takes place
if you split the table into 2 separate tables.
5. To check every detail, please notice that original formatted table has:
- verdana font size 9
- vertical borders 0 mm. instead of default 10 mm.
- the text inside the table are arranged in various styles:
- “Content” italics,
- “Content1” bold,
- “Content3” underlined, and
- “other content” in bold italics
- “Other content1” font is size 7
- first row with green background
- third column form 2nd row with yellow background
- “Content2” is horizontally centered
- “Content4” is horizontally aligned to the right
6. Now if you undo the command with the “edit” menu command or the toolbar
button, some of the lost formatting is returned to the previous state, but some
• cell appearance formatting is recovered
• font formatting is lost forever
7. This corruption can be reproduced in any new Writer file you can create
yourself inserting a table and applying some formatting to it. It is not linked
in any way to the specific attached file.
Everytime you add or delete rows columns in a table, or split the table, you
have to restart applying ALL FORMATTING from scratch. When working with complex
tables, this becomes totally unmanageable.
The table should retain all applied formatting during editing, unless you
specifically and intentionally change it
User Profile Reset: No
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
Libreoffice-bugs mailing list