--- Comment #28 from Khaled Hosny <khaledho...@eglug.org> ---
(In reply to Eike Rathke from comment #27)
> That's not just a little glitch, that's a crunchy bug, and also the default
> presets were wrongly chosen, clearly one normally does not want to ignore
Not in Arabic or in languages where diacritics are not parts of the letters (in
Arabic خالد and خَالِدْ are the same word). It is just like case-insensitive
search being the default.
> Additionally having Not-Diacritic-sensitive and
> Not-Kashida-sensitive being the implied defaults for every search adds
> specifically for ignore-diacritic a heavy extra performance penalty
> transliteration decomposing every text first to normalize diacritics.
I didn’t notice any performance difference last I tried this, but I didn’t do
any actual performance testing.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
Libreoffice-bugs mailing list