Bug ID: 118699
Summary: FILEOPEN DOCX Accepting tracked changes has different
result in LO Writer and MS Word in document with
Version: 184.108.40.206.alpha0+ Master
Created attachment 143467
The document showcasing the issue described in the bugreport.
This is a track changed document with three numbered paragraphs and one regular
paragraph in between the second and third paragraph. The document was
originally created in Microsoft Word. If we accept all changes we get:
- 3 numbered paragraphs in Microsoft Word.
- 4 numbered paragraphs in LibreOffice Writer.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new document in Microsoft Word with three random paragraphs.
2. Select all three paragraphs and turn on numbering.
3. Add a new paragraph to the end of the second paragraph, and then remove
the numbering by pressing backspace at the first character of the empty
4. Save the document as DOCX.
5. Turn on change tracking.
6. Select the second numbered paragraph by clicking on it three times. DO
not select the empty, not numbered paragraph!
7. Copy the selected paragraph to the clipboard: Ctrl+C
8. Delete the selected paragraph by pressing the Del button – do not use
Ctrl+X (cut), because that would trigger a different known bug!
9. Move the cursor to the beginning of the originally third (now just
second) numbered paragraph, and press Ctrl+V to paste the deleted paragraph
from the clipboard. You should see two numbered paragraph beginning with “2.”,
one deleted and one inserted.
10. Save the document as DOCX, but do not close it yet.
11. Create a copy of the DOCX file, and open it in LibreOffice Writer.
12. Accept all changes both in Microsoft Word and LibreOffice Writer.
Compare the resulting documents.
Accepting the tracked changes in results 3 numbered paragraphs in Microsoft
Word, and 4 numbered paragraphs in LibreOffice Writer, the second being the
empty, originally not numbered paragraph. The originally not numbered paragraph
stays so in Microsoft Word.
Accepting the tracked changes in LibreOffice Writer should result a document
consistent what we see in Microsoft Word.
Build ID: bb1d5780226bb1b9156580972eea9aa849178742
CPU threads: 1; OS: Windows 6.1; UI render: default;
TinderBox: Win-x86@42, Branch:master, Time: 2018-07-03_05:56:48
Locale: hu-HU (hu_HU); Calc: group threaded
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
Libreoffice-bugs mailing list