Bug ID: 131560
Summary: Data/Form provides access to cells that are protected
Version: 188.8.131.52 release
Hardware: x86-64 (AMD64)
OS: Windows (All)
I have a database table in Calc, some columns contain formulas but (to prevent
changing within the main sheet) they are also protected. I would like to be
able to use Data\Forms to enter new rows in the table but (I would have
expected) the cells that are protected and/or containing formulae to be
protected in the form, and show the results (I have not checked, but I would
expect that hidden cells/columns within the table should not appear on the
I also have "Data Validation..." on some cells in the sheet (using lookups from
other named ranges or lists) and would like that functionality to propagate to
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a database in a sheet (A1 = "Width", B1 = "Height", C1 = "Area", C2 =
2. Select A1:C2 and name the Area "DB"
3. Protect column C (click on column header, Ctrl-1 to format and protect the
cells of the column, then Right click on the sheet tab and select "Protect
Sheet...", unselect the check on "Select protected cells"). If you now click on
a cell in column C the cursor does not move there.
4. Position the cursor in A1 and Open Data\Form...
The "Area" Field is open for data entry... no calculation is done when data is
The field for the cell in the protected column should be protected because:
1. It is a protected cell - this should be protected in the form
2. It is a formula, this formula should be propagated to new cells and when
data is entered the calculation should present results.
User Profile Reset: No
The form should inherit the attributes of the main sheet...
1. Protected columns should be protected
2. Hidden columns should be hidden
3. Formula cells should inherit the formula used in existing rows
4. Validation should be inherited from existing rows (e.e. if I has a list of
values for the "Length" column, the form should provide a combo control with
the same list of values.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
Libreoffice-bugs mailing list