I was there twice today.

This guy named Florian Reisinger was doing a fantastic job feeding
UNCONFIRMED bugs to the IRC channel and people would check the bugs and he
himself checked quite a few.

IMO this is a good way to go but he was doing it a little too fast
(apparently all it takes is typing !gf and a new Unconfirmed bug is sent to
the channel). It should be done more like an auction. The auctioneer would
put a bug on the table and ask for people to check it. Obviously other
people need to be available to answer more technical questions (and I didn't
see too much action on that side, but then again I was there only twice)

Of course this only makes sense because of the massive amount of Unconfirmed
bugs that were generated by the Bulk operation.

Nevertheless I would say it was extremely successful.

Regards,
Pedro