On 14/02/12 17:48, Andras Timar wrote:
> 2012/2/14 Ivan Timofeev <timofeev....@gmail.com>:

>>>        ooh ! really lovely :-)
>>>
>>>        Great work Markus !
>>

>> Indeed!!! :) I'm always exceedingly amazed at the work Markus do as a
>> free-time contributor.
>>
>> Just a question:
>> Is it possible somehow include the information about a target version?
>>
> IMHO target version is not known at commit time. Developer commits the
> fix to master and optionally asks for cherry picking. Whoever closes
> the bug should update the target version in bugzilla.

the way i got used to is to add one "target:x.y.z " for every branch
that the fix got committed to, for example:
"target:3.4.6 target:3.5.1 target:3.6.0beta0"

it looks possible to do that from a git hook as well, incrementally
(i.e. the field is extended if the current target of the branch isn't in
the list already).

but it would require that the hook knows which is the next release that
is created from every branch at push time...