On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 17:54 +0200, Tommy wrote:
> >     + LibO 4.0
> >             + planned to be incrementally developed / migrated anyway
> >             + postpone until license change done (Bjoern)
> >             + concerns about breaking all extensions at once (Norbert)
> >             + better to do incremental improvement ?
> >             + how much will we get done for this anyway ?
> >             + consider longer support cycle for LibO 3.6.x etc.
> >                     + discuss late.
>
> what do you mean with "incrementally developed" ?

        As a contrast to a 'big bang' change, whereby we have a 'make or break'
type event, with some broken state of master for months, and the
potential for endless slippage :-)

        Instead, we want to do a large number of small, incremental changes
each of which is complete, safe, and leaves the product in a broadly
ship-able state (modulo minor regressions we can catch in the normal
way).

        So - essentially, just our normal development flow, but changing the
things we've not been able to change in the past :-)

        HTH,

                Michael.

--
michael.me...@suse.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot