Hi,

On 07.05.2012 20:47, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
Hi all,

here are the minutes of the QA call on 2012-05-04 1400UTC.

Thanks.

bug wrangling (Rainer):
    - handling needinfo bugs
Question: Do we have a bug lifecylce illustration? For not-so-trained people this can be of real help in understanding QA. I found a generic one at [1], but our friends at AOO do also have a nice one[2] on their QA web[3] which might be worth having a look at ;-)

[1] http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/4.2/en/html/lifecycle.html
[2] see PDF on http://www.openoffice.org/qa/ooQAReloaded/ooQA-IssueRules.html
[3] http://www.openoffice.org/qa/

Regards, Nino

      - conclusion: more liberal use of assigned should be ok if in status
"NEEDINFO" (only)
AA   - send a proposal for liberal assigned use in NEEDINFO to Rainer for
review (Bjoern)
    - change version "master" to release branch on branch off?
      see:
http://rrbd.wordpress.com/2012/05/03/how-can-we-allow-more-purposeful-queries-for-version-master/
AA - create a QA EasyHack "Gather own bugzilla requirements" (Bjoern)
      - create a wikipage with what we have so far and link to it (Rainer)

community building/communication (Cor?)
    - the QA dashboard needs some love
    - we should identify top-priority action items after each call, those should
      be done ASAP/to the next call. The are marked AA+ in the minutes (Cor)
AA+- blog about QA EasyHacks (Cor/Bjoern)
AA+- blog about daily build changes/bugs/features from git log (Cor)
      - this should happen best once every 1-2 weeks
      - Rainer looking into this too
      - if git log messages are unparseable to mere mortals, dont hestitate to
        email the author about this, this should also encourage good commit
        messages (Bjoern)
      - this should also go out to the QA-List and social media
    - To grow the QA community and get more people to run and test master we
      should ask people to verify issues once they are marked fixed by dev
AA   - blog about bug verification (Bjoern)
      - the goal is not so much to supervise developer fixes, but the side
        effects like:
        - more people running master
        - more people getting involved/started with an easy task on QA
        - verification is positive/uplifting, while confirming bugs might be
          more demotivating

bibisect for 3.5 release branch and 3.6 master (Bjoern):
    - no bibisect for 3.5 still (no urgent calls that it is needed yet)
    - there is a up-to-date 3.6 bibisect up until 2012-04-28 with more than 60
      full libreoffice installs based on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
AA - also rebuild the old ~50 3.5 bibisect installs for the next update (Bjoern)
    - we should grow bibisect knowledge wide and far to get a stable pool of
      people who can mentor it

Next call will be on 2012-05-18 1400UTC.

Top priority action item as hinted to me by Cor.

Best,

Bjoern