Hi Florian,

Am 03.10.2012 18:43 schrieb Florian Reisinger:

> During the German QA meeting some ideas developed.

thanks for reporting.

 To cut it short, we came to
> the conclusion, that a Bug Submission API (BS-API) would be very helpful.

Could you elaborate a little the "why?"?

We have >10 years of OOo/LO without such API, so why do you think it would be
very helpful right now? IOW, which *current* problem is supposed to be solved by
this API?

IIRC, the current bottle neck in QA is triaging and early testing, so don't you
think we should better concentrate forces on triaging+testing and not split
efforts?

However, I don't want to discourage the initiative. If there is a substantial
drive towards developing the API now, do it. But if it takes ressources from
dev/QA people and distracts them from doing their regular tasks, then please
wait two or three months until unconfirmed bug queue approaches Zero and a
performant early testing workflow has been established ;-)

and /ad rem/ :

(Apart from the skepticism above, I'm very much in favour of making bug
reporting easy, of course.)

I made
> a graphic (http://goo.gl/dHWhu)

(Nice workflow, no objections at first glance.)

Nino