On 12/03/2012 01:13 PM, Joel Madero wrote:
On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 7:29 AM, Petr Mladek <pmla...@suse.cz <mailto:pmla...@suse.cz>> wrote:

    Hi Cor,

    I am happy to hear from you.

    Cor Nouws pís(e v Ne 02. 12. 2012 v 23:34 +0100:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > After the few initial mails about this, and looking at 'the'
    agenda, I
    > propose the following:
    >
    > Have either
    >    a)  a LibreOffice 4.0 Test Week from Monday 10 - Sunday 16th

    I am slightly scared what would happen if beta1 is not usable in the
    end. Today's build still seems to work but people are still
    pushing last
    minute features... :-)

    > or
    >    b)  a LibreOffice 4.0 Test marathon from Thursday 13 -
    Wednesday 19th

    We will already have freeze for beta2 at this point but it still looks
    like the best compromise to me. Well, I might be to pessimistic ;-)

    > (A full week from 17-23 would be to close to Xmas, IMO).

    Yup, people will be busy with getting Xmas presents these days :-)

    > With the promise that
    >   -  we mobilise as much people from our regular teams to show
    up for
    > support of new-bees;
    >   - we of course provide comprehensive, clear info to get started;
    >   - we focus both on random testing, scenario's and bug triage.
    >
    > By spreading it over 7 days, it's easier for people to feel able
    to join :-)

    > Initial announcements would not be too hard. Could do that
    > Monday/Tuesday (evening).
    > Exchange among team members for availability can be done later
    this week.
    > Preparing info is rather easy...

    Sounds great. Thanks a lot for taking care of it.

I'd be able to participate off and on. My wife's and my birthday falls in that range as well as of course Christmas stuff and a few other things.

I want to learn how to do these random tests, any pointers? I'll also be triaging throughout this week and focusing on bugs reported against Version 4 master/alpha

Regards and thanks for leading this one,

Joel

P.S. Adding a few people to this one

--
*Joel Madero*