On 01/21/2013 07:08 AM, Eike Rathke wrote:
Hi,

On Thursday, 2013-01-17 09:43:33 -0800, Joel Madero wrote:

-*Agreed: *NEEDINFO: Used only if most the information is there and
the bug can be confirmed but additional information would be useful
Request that once information is provided, move bug to NEW not to
UNCONFIRMED or REOPENED
This to me is not what NEEDINFO is for, I do need more info on a bug
that I can't reproduce and hence is unconfirmed. I may also NEEDINFO for
additional information, but this IMHO is not the primary use case.

-*Agreed: *INVALID: If bug cannot be confirmed with information and
there just isn't enough information there to reproduce the bug, we
will move to INVALID
There should be NEEDINFO before that. Closing such bugs as INVALID would
frustrate reporters that in fact did not submit an invalid report but an
insufficiently described one. Here NEEDINFO would be the polite way to
say INSUFFICIENT.

   Eike

We are having a second conversation about this issue this week as we agree that the workflow doesn't work. The issue is that FDO limits your ability to go back to UNCONFIRMED which is a problem. If you mark a bug as WFM, you are unable to go directly back to UNCONFIRMED - which for me is strange, I understand if it's marked as FIXED but WFM shouldn't block you from doing UNCONFIRMED again.

Might need to get Tollef involved as well.

Best Regards,
Joel