Hi,

I got a PM with a rtf file. I will comment on it I will enclose the quotes in ######### at the beginning and end
############################

4. the vital [Ctrl][Sh] > and < for changing font size is not set up in any other WP.

############################

Enhancement request (trivial, maybe easyhack)

Cannot find it in list found @ Tools->Customize->Keyboard

############################
I have gone on far too long about these basics. If you feel some sympathy with my assertion of the fundamental importance of these 3 points I will be happy to contribute other more detailed suggestions; otherwise I will have to struggle along with things as they are!
############################

Suggestions always welcome, but better to be discussed in public. I will keep it for now on the QA ML, but we might want to switch to the global user list
############################

Supporting the above does not exclude other options, but would require an easy to use /obvious choice (probably an addition to the menu bar) between say 5 (max) preset interfaces/views which cover some well thought out favoured compatibility setups, such as Classic, XP, Mac, Latest, plus Accessible.

############################

What is the difference between those? Aren't most of them the same. I could see Classic, Sidebar, Accessibility, where the latter one is invisible, as this is a 3rd party tool

############################

An option to change the colour scheme similar to the provided for the OS via Control Panel /Display would be excellent.

############################
Whats wrong with: Tools → Options → LibreOffice(Dev) → Appearence. Feel free to change anything here
############################

A few Detailed suggestions: Some default autocorrect actions could usefully be “improved” over Word’s, eg. Suppress this automatic capitalisation after a stop as the default, and prevent the automatic change of - to – by context (see also in para. 2 above); these are the two I find irritating; occasionally I find setting ‘’ and “” goes wrong when not used in the straightforward ways in this document.

Maybe Options → AutoCorrectOptions

“Improvements” such as transferring “Page Setup” to the Format menu as in LO would really be such ONLY IF they were also retained in the “default” location – having some actions accessible by different routes should not be considered a failure, but a logical requirement of the fallibility of our design process – not to mention user logic!

Where was it? I only know it from Format --> Page

Finally, we did think about a easier UI for the settings, but we can't force anyone to work at this.... (Regarding setup help at start of LibO)

I hope I did cover the most important points and the email doesn't look crazy (Lot of format and paste)

Yours,

Florian